Elder Care Law
At Antonoplos & Associates, we have over a decade of experience in providing legal counsel to aging or disabled family members. Often elder care law includes sensitive and difficult legal issues that many families find difficult to confront.
The cost of longterm care has become a major consideration for families and individuals in their planning decisions. An experienced elder law attorney can help you with proper life planning to give you and your family the peace of mind that health care needs will be met and asset protection is ensured. A well-designed long term care plan can ensure that your lifetime’s hard work and savings are well preserved for your retirement years and will be distributed according to your wishes.
Protecting The Rights Of The Elderly
At Antonoplos & Associates, our team of knowledgeable and compassionate attorneys can help clients navigate their options and implement comprehensive and cost-effective long term strategies. Our practice focuses on legal issues and advocacy for persons who are facing aging, illness, or incapacitation. We routinely respond to elder care questions and concerns about living wills, Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, asset protection, care management, disability planning, and guardianships for loved ones. We are particularly sensitive to the concerns we all share about the medical problems of aging, both for ourselves and our loved ones.
Antonoplos & Associates Elder Care Planning Services
- Wealth & Estate Planning: We help individuals and families with all matters of estate planning from simple wills, advanced directives to comprehensive wealth planning.
- Medicare Issues & Medicaid Eligibility : Our medical planning lawyers help the elderly and their relatives and caregivers understand the difference between Medicare and Medicaid, and the eligibility requirements for each.
- Nursing Home Admissions: Antonoplos & Associates legal team aid clients in choosing a nursing home that is right for them.
- Guardianships & Conservatorships: Antonoplos & Associates attorneys help family members establish guardianships when an adult lacks the capacity to care for himself or herself.
- Supplemental Needs Trusts: Family members who want to supplement the income an individual receives from Medicaid can talk to us about setting up a supplemental needs trust.
Additional Elder Law Services
- Legal counseling to navigate Medicare and Medicaid
- Reviewing nursing, assisted living and continuing care contracts
- Reviewing LongTerm Care Insurance Contracts
- Drafting Caregiver Agreements
- Designing Retitling Strategies for Asset protection
- Establishing and administering guardianships and conservatorships
- Special Needs Trusts for persons with disabilities
- Supplemental Needs Trust Planning
- Estate Planning, Including:
- Simple & Complex Wills
- Durable General Powers of Attorney
- Healthcare Powers of Attorney
- Living Wills
- HIPAA Waivers
- Medical Visitation Directives
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a confidential initial consultation.