At Antonoplos & Associates, our group of DC logistics dispute attorneys has experience assisting clients with logistical issues including commercial shipping and transportation. Furthermore, we have worked with clients on cases concerning shipping by road, air, railway, or ship and have assisted both plaintiffs and defendants in these cases.
In large metropolitan areas such as the District of Columbia, the movement of goods has become extremely complex. Furthermore, with constant incoming and outgoing goods in a variety of sectors, numerous parties are typically involved in shipping and transporting even the simplest goods. With our home office in the District of Columbia, Antonoplos & Associates group of DC logistics dispute attorneys can help you navigate the numerous legal issues that may occur during the transportation of goods. Furthermore, our attorneys represent and advise clients on legal issues, disputes, and claims that stem from transportation that has already taken place.
However, our attorneys have also worked with companies and individuals to review and analyze specific shipments or their entire transportation sector of business. Finally, our attorneys can advise your company on the legal risk associated with your chosen method of transportation along with the wording of your shipping contracts to ensure that you are using proper documentation.
Logistics Interests That We Represent
- Personnel Claims and Loss Adjusters
- Common Carriers
- Container and Storage Companies
- Logistics Professionals and Managers
- Freight Forwarders
- Load and Customs Brokers
- Shipped Goods Owners
- Owner-Operators and Truck Drivers
- Shipping Agents
- Unpaid Carriers
- Insurers and Underwriters
- Terminal or Warehouse Owners and Operators
- Insured and Self-Insured Risks Within Retentions and Deductibles
Examples of Trucking Cases
- Bills of Exchange
- Bills of Lading and Waybills
- Customs Detainment and Seizure
- Damage to goods and property
- Dock and Warehouse Receipts
- Employee, Contractor or third-party theft
- Delay and frustration, sometimes due to weather, natural disasters, and other “Acts of God”
- Failed-to-arrive goods
- Forwarder’s Cargo Receipts
- Insurance of Cargo, vehicles and vessels, Products and Goods
- International Sanctions
- Insurance coverage and claims
- Late or spoiled shipments
- Liability for goods in your care
- Other Negotiable Instruments
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Passenger delays, injuries and fatalities
- Unpaid Freight Invoices
For over 20 years, Antonoplos & Associates has worked with suppliers, sellers, and purchases of a variety of goods throughout the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. With this knowledge and experience, our attorneys commonly advise companies on the legal and financial risk associated with sending or receiving goods from foreign companies or the opposite side of the country.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a confidential initial consultation.