D.C. Corporate Litigation Attorneys
Top-Rated Business Litigation Attorneys
At Antonoplos & Associates, our group of DC corporate litigation attorneys has advised and acted on behalf of small, medium, and large-sized corporations, shareholders, directors, officers, and executives.
Corporation disputes are common no matter the size of the company. However, if these issues are not dealt with quickly and properly, these issues can have permanent consequences on the reputation of the company and may even threaten the viability of the corporation itself.
Choose Antonoplos & Associates
With over 20 years of experience, our group of corporate litigators has the knowledge and experience required to work through a variety of corporate legal issues no matter what industry a corporation specializes in. Furthermore, our attorneys strive to avoid costly and time-consuming litigation. However, if litigation is necessary to resolve a dispute, we have experience in traditional court procedures and processes as well as alternative dispute resolution such as mediation and arbitration.
Examples of Corporate Litigation
Corporate disputes can arise in a wide variety of circumstances, including:
- Breach of Shareholders’ Agreement
- Abuse of Trust
- Breach of Fiduciary Duties
- Breach of Director’s Duties
- Buy-Out Rights and Obligations
- Claims by Investors
- Business Owners Dispute
- Business Ownership Dispute
- Claims by Shareholders
- Corporate Mismanagement
- Corporate Governance Issues
- Closely Held Company Disputes
- Corporate Disputes
- Disputes about Share Valuation
- Director’s Liability and Officer’s Liability
- Disputes Arising from Shareholders’ Agreement
- Enforcement of Shareholders’ Agreement
- Employment Dispute (Officers and Executives)
- Family Business Disputes
- Unfair Treatment of Partners and Shareholders
- Disputes of Dissolution of Company, Partnership, or Joint Venture
- Financial Statement Irregularities and Disputes
- Investor Claims
- Minority Shareholder Oppression
- Owners Disputes
- Fiduciary Duties
- Misappropriation of Funds, Opportunities, or Trade Secrets
- Personal Liability of Directors and Officers
- Preservation of Shareholder’s Rights
- Ownership of Business Dispute
- Securities Litigation
- Shareholders’ Agreement Disputes
- Shareholder Claims
- Sale of Business Disputes
- Shareholder Disputes
- Share Sale Disputes
- Start-up Company Disputes
- Tech Company Disputes
- Winding-Up Company
- Shotgun Clause (of a Shareholders’ Agreement)
Urgent Remedies and Resolution of Corporate Disputes
In certain situations, it may be necessary for one party to utilize an urgent legal remedy to protect their business or finances. Furthermore, one party may need another member in the business or a former co-worker to immediately stop what they are doing or risk threatening the reputation of their business. Below are common urgent remedies available to resolve corporate disputes:
- Enforcement of Buy-Sell Agreement
- Audit of Accounting
- Commercial List Eligibility
- Enforcement of Shot Gun Agreements
- Derivative Actions
- Interim and Interlocutory Injunctions
- Freezing Order
- Legal Proceedings for Remedies for Oppression under OBCA
- Injunctions, Orders, and Declarations
- Mandatory Order Preserving Status Quo Pending Resolution
- Reference to Arbitration
- Oppression Remedies
- Preserving Shareholder’s Rights
- Rescission (Rescinding Agreements)
- Specific Performance
Start-up and Family Company Disputes
In most cases, a start-up, closely held company, or family business will be started informally and without some or all of the necessary written agreements between the stakeholders of the business. These missing documents normally address the rights and obligations between the parties and how disputes are to be resolved while the business is ongoing or during changes within or in relation to the business association. Whether your business has these agreements in place or not, our attorneys advise clients on the rights and obligations between the partners, partnership, shareholders, and company.
Courtroom and Arbitration Experience
At Antonoplos & Associates, our group of DC corporate litigation attorneys have significant courtroom experience and can help you before, during, and after your trial. Additionally, we are versed in the appeals process if this step is necessary for your specific situation. Finally, with over 20 years of experience, our attorneys can expertly navigate both state and federal courts located throughout the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia.
Why Choose Antonoplos & Associates?
What makes Antonoplos & Associates group of Washington, D.C. corporate litigation attorneys so successful is that we expertly evaluate the merits of your dispute by listening to the specific issues you are facing, perform our own outside research on the issue, and then directly work with you to determine how to best prosecute or defend against a claim.
Because business litigation is so complex, it is vital that you consult an experienced and knowledgeable attorney who can offer you sound judgment and make strategic decisions before, during, and after litigation or alternative dispute resolution. When “bet-the-company” lawsuits occur, judgment, procedure, and discovery mistakes are not an option. Thus, when looking to hire a business litigation lawyer, you must consult someone who understands your business and industry, the applicable federal, state, or local laws, and is readily accessible.
We encourage you to call us at 202-803-5676 or directly schedule your free, no-risk consultation with one of our skilled attorneys today.