My home contractor stole my money
Jan 3, 2022
If you believe that your home contractor has stolen your money, it is important to take action as soon as possible. Here are some steps you can take:
- Gather evidence: Collect any documents or other evidence that may be relevant to your case, such as contracts, receipts, and bank statements.
- Contact the authorities: Report the theft to the police and file a report. This will provide a record of the incident and may help with any legal action you may take.
- Consult with an attorney: Consider consulting with an attorney to discuss your options and to help you pursue legal action against the contractor.
- Contact the contractor’s bonding company: If the contractor was bonded, you may be able to file a claim with the bonding company to recover your losses.
- Consider small claims court: If you are unable to recover your losses through other means, you may want to consider filing a lawsuit in small claims court.
It is important to act quickly and to take steps to protect your rights. An attorney can help you understand your options and advise you on the best course of action.