My home builder quit working on my house
If your home builder has quit working on your house, it is important to take action as soon as possible to protect your interests. Here are some steps you can take:
- Gather evidence: Collect any documents or other evidence that may be relevant to your case, such as contracts, receipts, and bank statements.
- Contact the builder: Try to contact the builder to find out why they have stopped working on the house and to try to resolve the issue.
- Consult with an attorney: Consider consulting with an attorney to discuss your options and to help you pursue legal action against the builder if necessary.
- Contact any relevant authorities: Depending on the specifics of your situation, you may need to contact the appropriate authorities, such as your local building department, to report the issue.
- Consider small claims court: If you are unable to resolve the issue through other means, you may want to consider filing a lawsuit in small claims court.
It is important to act quickly and to take steps to protect your rights. An attorney can help you understand your options and advise you on the best course of action.