If I live in Virginia what are some basic estate planning goals
Jan 15, 2023
Estate planning goals in Virginia may include:
- Creating a will or trust to ensure that assets are distributed according to the individual’s wishes upon death.
- Setting up powers of attorney for financial and healthcare decision-making in the event of incapacity.
- Planning for potential long-term care needs and protecting assets from being spent down on care.
- Minimizing estate taxes and avoiding probate.
- Providing for minor children or other beneficiaries with special needs.
- Addressing digital assets and online accounts.
It is important to consult with an estate planning attorney in Virginia to ensure that your specific goals and concerns are addressed in your estate plan.